A few benefits that toddlers receive through yoga:
- Better sleep
- Improved digestion and eased gas pain/colic
- Reduced constipation
- Increased immunity and circulation
- Increased awareness of body and movement
- Early understanding of health and physical activity
- Development of a positive self-image and self-esteem
- Reduced stress, tension and anxiety
- Aided development
- Longer and more restful naps after a yoga session
- Promotes contentment and relaxation
- Teaches release of tension
- Teaches healthy management of stress and stressors
As you read this, you may be wondering how one might teach toddler yoga. The answer is through play and imagination.
Baby/Toddler Holy Yoga Director Christina Mroz has a toddler yoga class to share with you that moves children through various yoga poses and teaches them about animals.
The Baby/Toddler Holy Yoga program offers trainings for parents and caregivers each year. The purpose of the program is to foster a connection with babies and God from birth to 4 years of age. Baby/Toddler Holy Yoga introduces children to yoga at a young age, promotes health, increases bonding between children and caregivers and teaches the love of Jesus. We see this as a privilege and honor for parents and caregivers. The next training starts October 7th. Click here to find out more information on how to bring yoga to children.